We place great emphasis on having traditions and special events throughout the school year. This is to create opportunities for performance; to bring the school together as a community; to raise money for charity and to create a sense of belonging.
The children love these events and participation and parental attendance is very high! A typical year, in addition to PTA events, will include:
- Strings Concerts – where classes in turn play as an ensemble;
- EP Variety Show – showcasing the children’s many and varied talents!;
- A Winter Concert – singing carols and sharing the Christmas story;
- An Egg Race – where the children are challenged to build an egg-mobile to transport an egg the length of the school hall;
- A Day for Change – where something or everything changes to highlight a global charity;
- A Sports Day – combining competitive sports and family picnics on the Heath;
- A Summer Concert – to showcase performers from bands to piano solos;
- A CBC Night – a party to celebrate black culture and the diversity of our wonderful community;
- A topic-based history play – courtesy of Year 5;
- A topic related play – courtesy of Year 4;
- A Leavers’ Show – Year 6’s swansong;
- A Leavers’ Barbecue – for all leaving pupils and their families
- And numerous sharing assemblies enabling parents to see what has been going on in class.