In March 2013 Eleanor Palmer School was awarded Teaching School Status and we lead the Camden Primary Partnership Teaching School Alliance.
The Camden Primary Partnership (PP) Teaching School Alliance (TSA) was established in 2013 as a cohort three teaching school. All schools who are members of the Camden Primary Partnership Teaching School Alliance benefit from support to improve learning outcomes for pupils and continued professional development (CPD) for teachers and potential teachers. This is achieved through:
- School-based professional development opportunities for staff;
- Access to a wide range of professional support from other teachers within partner schools;
- Access to grants to support Teaching Schools;
- Improved leadership and teaching standards which yield improved outcomes for children;
We are are supported in our work by our strategic partner schools. These are:
Brecknock Primary School; Christopher Hatton Primary School, Fleet Primary School, Torriano Primary School, Kentish Town CE School, Rhyl Primary School, Gospel Oak Primary School, Netley Primary School, Holy Trinity CE School NW1, Thomas Coram Early Years Centre and Primrose Hill, all fantastic Camden schools. We work with UCL’s Institute of Education and NRICH (Cambridge University’s Mathematical Enrichment Group). It is our expectation that all partner schools should be supported to become outstanding schools and have the expertise and capacity to, in time, be able to become full contributors to all areas of the teaching school alliance.
Teaching Schools are part of the Government’s drive to give schools more freedom and take increasing responsibility for managing the schools system – it is about schools working together in partnerships and through networks to identify and co-ordinate expertise and use the best teachers and leaders to:
- Play a greater role in the recruitment and training of new entrants to the profession
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- Identify and develop leadership potential
- Provide support for other schools
- Designate and broker individuals to become Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) to support other schools
- Engage in research and development
Much of our school to school support comes through CPD and joint practice development projects.
In addition we have a growing group of Local Leaders of Education (LLEs) and Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs).
We now have two books available for purchase, both focused around mathematical fluency. Please click here to find out more or to purchase a copy of either book.
If you are interested in joining our Alliance or becoming a Partner school you can contact Vicky on Vicky@eleanorpalmer.camden.sch.uk or call her on 020 7485 2155.